Medicine Overview of Ristab Tablet
Headache, Akathisia, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Ristab 3mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Ristab 3mg Tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Ristab Tablet
- You will be regularly monitored for increase in weight, blood glucose level (if you are suffering from diabetes), and for signs and symptoms of fever and infection if you are having history of low white blood cell count.
- Children and adolescents should be carefully monitored to check the sleepiness (sedative) effects of risperidone.
- Your child will be regularly monitored for measurements of height, weight, sexual maturation, monitoring of menstrual functioning, and other potential prolactin-related effects.
- Use with caution if you have history of fits (seizures).
- If you are a men taking risperidone, you may be at a risk of getting priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis). Seek for medical advice if you develop such signs and symptoms.
- Use risperidone with caution in patients with heart disorders such as heart failure, heart attack, conduction abnormalities, dehydration or decrease in blood volume.
- Do not take risperidone if you develop tardive dyskinesia (twitching or jerking movements that you cannot control in your face, tongue, or other parts of your body).
- Do not consume alcohol along with risperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not take risperidone along with furosemide, as it may lead to death.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Ristab Tablet related warnings
Ristab 3mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ristab 3mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ristab 3mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Ristab 3mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear.
Ristab 3mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Ristab 3mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Ristab 3mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Ristab 3mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Ristab 3mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using this medicine? How do you take this medicine? How much was the improvement? Please rate this medicine on price? What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Ristab 3mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Ristab Tablet
No. Ristab is neither addictive nor controlled substance
Ristab is an atypical antagonist which may show sedative effects. It has affinity towards serotonin. Few studies have shown that Ristab induces neuroleptic malignant syndrome
No. Ristab is not used for anxiety
No. Ristab is not a benzo
Yes. Risperdal is a brand name of drug Ristab
No. Taking Ristab with Nyquil (dextromethorphan and doxylamine) may increase the side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, flushing, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating, abdominal cramping, constipation, rapid heartbeats, confusion, and memory problems
Q. Can I take vicodin/tramadol/ ambien/diazepam with risperidone?
Using Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Ambien (zolpidem) or diazepam together with risperidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Tramadol may increase the risk of seizures when given with risperidone
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol with risperidone?
Yes. Taking ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol (acetaminophen) with risperidone does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
These side effects are commonly observed with Ristab use. Stop taking Ristab and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Ristab 3mg Tablet: BBS, SRG, ABP, DPL, CLT, ATP, SVH, AMR, UMP, JVO, NVY, JVN, MAK, GPT, SSA, ANT, AGT, ENP, DLP, RSA, SBL, BIO, VRS, HPC, OWP, HMP, OIP, AAY, PEN, TOM, DGN, TNH, MAX, KHH, USF, HBV, SHD, BDN, STA, PPR, SCH, SGC, HEX, LCC, GBL, SAF, RPP, JIV, DFP, OHM, ZEL, SDM, PVP, PLT, HAT, NVL, PNT, PTI, MPC, GNC, RSS, AVN, SWA, NSL, OLT, THP, MDO, SWP, JMJ, IAD, SYN, PRN, MMS, SAT, BMJ, RJH, RUS, LHA, EQN, RWP, SJP, WSI, HIP, ADT, NWP, ZVP, GPP, NNH, DPP, RKS, ARD, ATL, MAM, 9T9, NXG, RHW, SBA, BHP, BAL, AYU, PWN, SHP, MLC, DDR, FGH, GTK, EMB, MOM, RHL, AAR, INC, BTM, IPL, DYG, MSD, HGI, TRP, NTB, DHR, GTC, WHL, NDP, BSN