Information about Risperidone
How Risperidone works
Risperidone is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by affecting the levels of chemical messengers (dopamine and serotonin) to improve mood, thoughts and behavior.
Common side effects of Risperidone
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism, Sedation, Dizziness, Weight gain, Akathisia (inability to stay still), Anxiety, Gastrointestinal symptom, Increased prolactin level in blood
Available Medicine for Risperidone
SizodonSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹29 to ₹1438 variant(s)
RisdoneIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹26 to ₹1445 variant(s)
Risperdal ConstaJanssen Pharmaceuticals
₹5100 to ₹90003 variant(s)
RispondMicro Labs Ltd
₹34 to ₹804 variant(s)
RespidonTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹22 to ₹694 variant(s)
Risdone MTIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30 to ₹603 variant(s)
₹9 to ₹1409 variant(s)
₹30 to ₹3365 variant(s)
₹11 to ₹254 variant(s)
RisconConsern Pharma Limited
₹22 to ₹8510 variant(s)
Expert advice for Risperidone
- Risperidone helps treat schizophrenia and mania.
- It may cause less weight gain, sedation, and heart problems as compared to other similar medicines.
- It may take 4-6 weeks to notice any medication effects. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Risperidone can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It may cause increase in weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and fat. Eat healthy, exercise, and monitor your levels regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any abnormal movements or restlessness.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart diseases as Risperidone can increase your risk of irregular heartbeat.
- Do not stop taking Risperidone without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.