Substitutes for RISTAB TABLET
SYCODONE 2MG TABLET
Baroda Pharma Pvt Ltd
RISPIBEL 2MG TABLET
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
RESTONORM 2MG TABLET
Altius Life Sciences
EAURIS 2MG TABLET
RELIVON 2MG TABLET
A N Pharmacia
Medicine Overview of RISTAB TABLET
Side effects of RISTAB TABLET
Headache, Akathisia, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism.
How to use RISTAB TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Ristab 2mg tablet at a fixed time.
How RISTAB TABLET works
Ristab 2mg tablet works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on RISTAB TABLET
Expert advice for RISTAB TABLET
- You will be regularly monitored for increase in weight, blood glucose level (if you are suffering from diabetes), and for signs and symptoms of fever and infection if you are having history of low white blood cell count.
- Children and adolescents should be carefully monitored to check the sleepiness (sedative) effects of risperidone.
- Your child will be regularly monitored for measurements of height, weight, sexual maturation, monitoring of menstrual functioning, and other potential prolactin-related effects.
- Use with caution if you have history of fits (seizures).
- If you are a men taking risperidone, you may be at a risk of getting priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis). Seek for medical advice if you develop such signs and symptoms.
- Use risperidone with caution in patients with heart disorders such as heart failure, heart attack, conduction abnormalities, dehydration or decrease in blood volume.
- Do not take risperidone if you develop tardive dyskinesia (twitching or jerking movements that you cannot control in your face, tongue, or other parts of your body).
- Do not consume alcohol along with risperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not take risperidone along with furosemide, as it may lead to death.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for RISTAB 2MG TABLET
Ristab 2mg tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ristab 2mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ristab 2mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be used in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP
Frequently asked questions for RISTAB 2MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Risperidone
Q. Is risperidone addictive/controlled substance?
No. Risperidone is neither addictive nor controlled substance
Q. Is risperidone an antipsychotic/ sedative/SSRI/ neuroleptic?
Risperidone is an atypical antagonist which may show sedative effects. It has affinity towards serotonin. Few studies have shown that risperidone induces neuroleptic malignant syndrome
Q. Is risperidone used for anxiety?
No. Risperidone is not used for anxiety
Q. Is risperidone a benzo?
No. Risperidone is not a benzo
Q. Is risperidone the same as risperdal?
Yes. Risperdal is a brand name of drug risperidone
Q. Can I take risperidone with nyquil?
No. Taking risperidone with Nyquil (dextromethorphan and doxylamine) may increase the side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, flushing, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating, abdominal cramping, constipation, rapid heartbeats, confusion, and memory problems
Q. Can I take vicodin/tramadol/ ambien/diazepam with risperidone?
Using Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Ambien (zolpidem) or diazepam together with risperidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Tramadol may increase the risk of seizures when given with risperidone
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol with risperidone?
Yes. Taking ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol (acetaminophen) with risperidone does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does risperidone cause depression/ weight loss/ high prolactin levels/ weight gain/ lower blood pressure/ make you high or drowsy/ help you sleep?
These side effects are commonly observed with risperidone use. Stop taking risperidone and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.