Medicine Overview of Risp Syrup
Side effects of Risp Syrup
Headache, Akathisia, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism.
How to use Risp Syrup
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Risp Syrup at a fixed time.
How Risp Syrup works
Risp syrup is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
In Depth Information on Risp Syrup
Expert advice for Risp Syrup
- You will be regularly monitored for increase in weight, blood glucose level (if you are suffering from diabetes), and for signs and symptoms of fever and infection if you are having history of low white blood cell count.
- Children and adolescents should be carefully monitored to check the sleepiness (sedative) effects of risperidone.
- Your child will be regularly monitored for measurements of height, weight, sexual maturation, monitoring of menstrual functioning, and other potential prolactin-related effects.
- Use with caution if you have history of fits (seizures).
- If you are a men taking risperidone, you may be at a risk of getting priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis). Seek for medical advice if you develop such signs and symptoms.
- Use risperidone with caution in patients with heart disorders such as heart failure, heart attack, conduction abnormalities, dehydration or decrease in blood volume.
- Do not take risperidone if you develop tardive dyskinesia (twitching or jerking movements that you cannot control in your face, tongue, or other parts of your body).
- Do not consume alcohol along with risperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not take risperidone along with furosemide, as it may lead to death.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Risp Syrup
Risp Syrup may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Risp Syrup may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Risp Syrup is probably usafe to use during lactation. Limit+more
ed human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Risp Syrup may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vi+more
sion. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Risp Syrup should be used with caution in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. Dose adjustment of Risp Syrup may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Risp Syrup should be used with caution in patients with live+more
r disease. Dose adjustment of Risp Syrup may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Zathrin Redimix Suspension
Frequently asked questions for Risp 1mg Syrup
Frequently asked questions for Risperidone
No. Risp is neither addictive nor controlled substance
Risp is an atypical antagonist which may show sedative effects. It has affinity towards serotonin. Few studies have shown that Risp induces neuroleptic malignant syndrome
No. Risp is not used for anxiety
No. Risp is not a benzo
Yes. Risperdal is a brand name of drug Risp
No. Taking Risp with Nyquil (dextromethorphan and doxylamine) may increase the side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, flushing, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating, abdominal cramping, constipation, rapid heartbeats, confusion, and memory problems
Q. Can I take vicodin/tramadol/ ambien/diazepam with risperidone?
Using Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Ambien (zolpidem) or diazepam together with risperidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Tramadol may increase the risk of seizures when given with risperidone
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol with risperidone?
Yes. Taking ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol (acetaminophen) with risperidone does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does Risp cause depression/ weight loss/ high prolactin levels/ weight gain/ lower blood pressure/ make you high or drowsy/ help you sleep?
These side effects are commonly observed with Risp use. Stop taking Risp and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
Substitutes for Risp Syrup
Risnia 1mg Syrup
₹1.87/ml of Syrup