food interaction for RISOWEEK
alcohol interaction for RISOWEEK
pregnancy interaction for RISOWEEK
lactation interaction for RISOWEEK
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RISOWEEK
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for RISOWEEK
- GEMFOS 35 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 54.62/tabletRs. 218.50pay 40% more per tablet
- ACTONEL 35 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 577.50/tabletRs. 2310pay 1376% more per tablet
- OSEDRATE 35MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Mucos Pharma India Pvt LtdRs. 38.75/tabletRs. 155save 1% more per tablet
- BONE C FOS 35MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Molekule India Pvt LtdRs. 35.72/tabletRs. 142.86save 9% more per tablet
- FOSSICAL 35 MG TABLET(4 tablet in strip)Medreich Lifecare LtdRs. 23.55/tabletRs. 94.22save 40% more per tablet
- Dr. Inderpreet Singh OberoiMBBS, MS, MCh
- Dr. B. K. SinghMBBS, MS, MS
- Dr. Ravi SauhtaMBBS, MS, MCh, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Neeraj YadavMBBS, MS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS, Diploma, MCh
Expert advice for RISOWEEK
- Do not take risedronate tablet if you are allergic to risedronate or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take risedronate if you have a low blood calcium level (hypocalcaemia).
- Avoid using risedronate if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not start or continue risedronate if you have deficiency of vitamin D or parathyroid hormone that may lower blood calcium levels and cause weakening of bones.
- Do not start or continue risedronate if you have or had problems in the past with your food-pipe that makes swallowing difficult, or you have been told that you have a pre-cancerous condition of the food-pipe; pain, swelling or numbness of the jaw or a “heavy jaw feeling” or loosening of a tooth.
Frequently asked questions for RISOWEEK
Q.Is risedronate a generic drug?
Yes, risedronate is available as generic drug
Q.Is risedronate safe?
Residronate is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does risedronate cause weight gain?
No clinically observable effect on weight has been reported for risedronate
Q.What is risedronate sodium?
Risedronate belongs to a class of medication called as bisphosphonates. It acts by slowing bone breakdown process, increasing bone density (thickness), and decreasing the amount of calcium released from the bones into the blood
Q.How does risedronate work?
Risedronate works by slowing bone breakdown process, increasing bone density (thickness), and decreasing the amount of calcium released from the bones into the blood.
Q.What is risedronate prescribed for?
Risedronate is prescribed for treatment of Paget’s disease and osteoporosis in men and post-menopausal women.