Information about Iron
How Iron works
Iron is an anti-anemic medication. It replenishes the iron stores in your body. Iron is vital for the formation of new red blood cells and hemoglobin, a substance that gives these cells the ability to transport oxygen.
Common side effects of Iron
Vomiting, Nausea, Dark colored stool, Constipation, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Iron
LivogenProcter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care Ltd
₹77 to ₹14729 variant(s)
Ferikind-SMankind Pharma Ltd
I-FagAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹157 to ₹2493 variant(s)
RoseusAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹142 to ₹2494 variant(s)
MicroferMicro Labs Ltd
JectocosOaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd
HaemadayAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹130 to ₹2754 variant(s)
Imferon SShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Anofer SSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹152 to ₹3172 variant(s)
FE 10Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Iron
- Your doctor has prescribed Iron to replenish your iron stores and improve symptoms of anemia.
- It may take a few months to see any benefits of Iron. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Your stool colour may become black. This is normal and only indicates that iron is being absorbed well by your body.
- When taken on an empty stomach, Iron is absorbed faster. However, you should take it with food if you experience side effects such as an upset stomach or nausea.
- Avoid taking Iron with milk, coffee, antacids, or calcium supplements as they can reduce the amount of medicine absorbed.