food interaction for RIFAGUT
alcohol interaction for RIFAGUT
pregnancy interaction for RIFAGUT
lactation interaction for RIFAGUT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RIFAGUT
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RIFAGUT 200 MG TABLET
Patients taking RIFAGUT 200 MG TABLET
- 48%Twice A Day
- 25%Thrice A Day
- 12%Alternate Day
- 11%Once A Day
- 3%Four Times A Day
- 1%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for RIFAGUT
- RCIFAX 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 14.30/tabletRs. 143pay 8% more per tablet
- TORFIX 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.90/tabletRs. 129save 2% more per tablet
- RIFASTOP 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 13.50/tabletRs. 135pay 2% more per tablet
- RAFLE 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14.25/tabletRs. 142.50pay 8% more per tablet
- RIFAXIMAX 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 13.06/tabletRs. 130.60save 1% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for RIFAGUT
- liver disease
- diarrhea with a fever
- watery or bloody diarrhea
Frequently asked questions for RIFAGUT
Q.Is rifaximin an antibiotic/ is rifaximin FDA approved for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)/help in IBS?
Yes, rifaximin (also available as Rifagut) is an antibiotic. It is not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment of IBS
Q.Is rifaximin the same as rifampin?
Rifaximin is a structural analog of rifampin
Q.Is rifagut an antibiotic?
Rifagut is a brand name for rifaximin. Yes, it is an antibiotic
Q.Can I take xifaxan with amoxicillin/ibuprofen?
Xifaxan is the brand name for rifaximin and can be taken with ibuprofen, but not with amoxicillin, as it is antibiotic. If taken with other antibiotics, rifaximin causes diarrhea
Q.Does rifaximin cause diarrhea/gas/constipation?
It may rarely cause these side effects
Q.Does rifaximin kill parasites/yeast?
It is antibiotic and doesn't kill parasites and yeast.