Medicine Overview of Revolade Tablet
Uses of Revolade Tablet
Side effects of Revolade Tablet
Nausea, Running nose, Back pain, Rash, Mouth ulcer, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Oropharyngeal pain, Fever, Upper respiratory tract infection, Nasopharyngitis, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Hair loss, Dry eye, Cough, Toothache, Increased liver enzymes, Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding), Diarrhoea, Muscle cramp.
How to use Revolade Tablet
How Revolade Tablet works
In Depth Information on Revolade Tablet
Expert advice for Revolade Tablet
- It is not advisable to administer eltrombopag to children and adolescents below 18 years.
- Tell your doctor before taking eltrombopag if you have liver disease, risk of forming blood clots in your veins or arteries (due to old age, overweight, recent surgery causing a long-standing bed-ridden state, cancer, treatment with oral contraceptive pills, smoking), or have a family history of forming abnormal blood clots.
- Exercise caution if you have myelodysplastic syndrome (condition wherein blood cells in the bone marrow do not mature or become healthy) as eltrombopag might worsen this condition.
- You may be regularly examined with blood tests to monitor the blood cell counts (red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets), liver function, bone marrow function, heart, and gut bleeding when receiving treatment with eltrombopag.
- Do not drive or use machines after taking eltrombopag as it can impair co-ordination.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to eltrombopag or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Revolade 25mg Tablet can make you dizzy and have other side effects that make you less alert. This may affect your driving ability.
However, inform your doctor if you have a kidney disease. Regular monitoring of kidney function tests may is advisable while you are taking this medicine.