Medicine Overview of RECLIDE TABLET XR
Uses of RECLIDE TABLET XR
Reclide 60mg tablet xr is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of RECLIDE TABLET XR
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness.
How to use RECLIDE TABLET XR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Reclide 60mg tablet xr with food.
How RECLIDE TABLET XR works
Reclide 60mg tablet xr is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose.
In Depth Information on RECLIDE TABLET XR
Expert advice for RECLIDE TABLET XR
- Gliclazide should be taken with food.
- You may get symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) with Gliclazide. Symptoms are dizziness, nausea, tremor, sweating or confusion.
- The risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may increase if you miss or delay the meal, consume alcohol or use antidiabetic medication like insulin.
- In most cases, the symptoms will quickly vanish if you take some kind of sugar (sugar candy/cubes).
- It should be avoided or used with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Special precautions for RECLIDE 60MG TABLET XR
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Reclide 60mg tablet xr may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Reclide 60mg tablet xr is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
DECMAX 4MG TABLET, DECAMYCIN 4MG INJECTION, PERICORT 4MG TABLET, DEFCORT 6MG ORAL SUSPENSION
You should skip a dose of Gliclazide , if a meal is skipped and add a dose of medicine if you eat an extra meal.
Frequently asked questions for RECLIDE 60MG TABLET XR
Frequently asked questions for Gliclazide
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.
User Submitted Feedback For RECLIDE 60MG TABLET XR
Patients taking RECLIDE 60MG TABLET XR
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Twice A Week