food interaction for RAPAMUNE
alcohol interaction for RAPAMUNE
pregnancy interaction for RAPAMUNE
lactation interaction for RAPAMUNE
medicine interaction for RAPAMUNE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR RAPAMUNE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR RAPAMUNE
- SIROMUS 1 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 173.64/tabletRs. 1041.84save 53% more per tablet
- SIROPAN 1MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 164.86/tabletRs. 1648.57save 56% more per tablet
- SIROVA 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 150.25/tabletRs. 1502.51save 59% more per tablet
- EMTOR 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 111.05/tabletRs. 1110.47save 70% more per tablet
- ROCAS 1 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 111.11/tabletRs. 666.67save 70% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR RAPAMUNE
- You may be frequently monitored for renal function during concomitant administration of sirolimus and ciclosporin.
- Sirolimus increase risk of infection and the risk of developing certain types of cancer (e.g., lymphoma, skin cancer). Seek immediate medical attention if you notice signs of infection (e.g., persistent sore throat, chills, and fever), any changes in the appearance or size of a mole, night sweats, unusual growths or lumps, or unusual tiredness or weakness.
- Avoid use of live vaccines during treatment as the vaccination may be less effective when taking sirolimus.
- Use effective methods of contraception during sirolimus therapy and for 12 weeks after sirolimus has been stopped.
- Consult your doctor if you develop any liver problems, kidney problems, high cholesterol or triglycerides, low blood platelet levels, diabetes or high blood sugar, or lung or breathing problems or if you are considered to be at high risk for rejection, such as if you had a previous transplant that was lost to rejection.
- Limit the exposure to sunlight and UV light by covering your skin with clothing and using a sunscreen with a high protection factor because of the increased risk for skin cancer, when receiving sirolimus.
- Take sirolimus at the same time in relation to ciclosporin, and consistently with or without food, as its blood levels will be monitored.
Frequently asked questions FOR RAPAMUNE
Q. Is sirolimus dialyzable?
Sirolimus is not dialyzable to significant extent. i.e. it will not be eliminated after dialysis.
Q. Is sirolimus a calcineurin inhibitor?
Sirolimus is not a calcineurin inhibitor, but it has a similar suppressive effect on the immune system
Q. Is sirolimus cytotoxic?
Sirolimus is a cytotoxic agent
Q. What is sirolimus-eluting stent?
The sirolimus-eluting stent is a metal stent coated with 140 µg/cm2 of sirolimus blended with synthetic polymers. After stent implantation, sirolimus is slowly released causing localized inhibition of growth of smooth muscle cells in the wall of the blood vessel in which it is implanted over a period of about 1 month
Q. Does sirolimus cause hair loss?
Sirolimus causes hair loss
Q. Why does sirolimus cause hyperlipidemia?
Sirolimus alters certain body pathways to increase lipid/fat synthesis by the liver, thereby causing hyperlipidemia.