Medicine Overview of Qta Tablet SR
Side effects of Qta Tablet SR
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Qta Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Qta 100mg Tablet SR is to be taken empty stomach.
How Qta Tablet SR works
Qta 100mg Tablet SR is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Qta Tablet SR
Expert advice for Qta Tablet SR
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for Qta 100mg Tablet SR
Qta 100mg Tablet SR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Qta 100mg Tablet SR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Qta 100mg Tablet SR is probably unsafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Qta 100mg Tablet SR may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Qta 100mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Qta 100mg Tablet SR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Qta 100mg Tablet SR should be used with caution in patients+more
with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Qta 100mg Tablet SR may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Qta 100mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient Qta
Qta is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
No, Qta is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Qta is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
No, Qta is not an addictive drug
No, Qta belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
Substitutes for Qta Tablet SR
Adequet 100mg Tablet SR
Schizopin 100mg Tablet SR
Concur Pharmaceuticals Pvt.Ltd
Q-Mind 100mg Tablet SR
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Qutipin 100mg Tablet SR
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Q-Pin 100mg Tablet SR
Alkem Laboratories Ltd