food interaction for PSYVOXIN
alcohol interaction for PSYVOXIN
pregnancy interaction for PSYVOXIN
lactation interaction for PSYVOXIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PSYVOXIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PSYVOXIN
- FLUVOXIN 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 22/tabletRs. 220pay 20% more per tablet
- FLUVOXIN CR 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 24/tabletRs. 240pay 31% more per tablet
- UVOX 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 28.25/tabletRs. 282.50pay 54% more per tablet
- FREXT 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 22.40/tabletRs. 224pay 22% more per tablet
- SOREST 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 24.70/tabletRs. 247pay 35% more per tablet
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for PSYVOXIN
- Take Fluvoxamine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Fluvoxamine at least for 1 to 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Fluvoxamine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Do not take Fluvoxamine within 14 days of taking MAO-Inhibitor (antidepressant drugs), as you may develop increased blood pressure and convulsions.
- Avoid driving after taking Fluvoxamine as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Fluvoxamine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
Frequently asked questions for PSYVOXIN
Q.Is fluvoxamine a controlled substance, narcotic, addictive?
Fluvoxamine is not a controlled substance, narcotic or addictive
Q.Is fluvoxamine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo?
Fluvoxamine is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q.Is fluvoxamine safe?
Fluvoxamine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is fluvoxamine like Xanax, Luvox, and Prozac?
Luvox is the brand name of fluvoxamine. Fluvoxamine and Prozac (fluoxetine) belongs to same class of medications however they differ in the dose to be taken, duration of action and the side effects they produce. Xanax (alprazolam) is a different drug from different class used to treat anxiety disorder
Q.Can fluvoxamine be taken with ibuprofen?
Fluvoxamine when taken with ibuprofen may lead to increased bruising or bleeding
Q.Does fluvoxamine make you sleepy, cause hair loss, weight gain or loss, get you high, and make you tired?
Fluvoxamine can make you sleepy, gain weight or lose, get you high and tired. Generally fluvoxamine does not cause hair loss.