Medicine Overview of Psyquit Tablet
Side effects of Psyquit Tablet
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Psyquit Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Psyquit 200mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Psyquit Tablet works
Psyquit 200mg Tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Psyquit Tablet
Expert advice for Psyquit Tablet
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Psyquit Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Psyquit Tablet
Psyquit 200mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Psyquit 200mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Psyquit 200mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Psyquit 200mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Psyquit 200mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients wit+more
h kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Psyquit 200mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Psyquit 200mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Psyquit 200mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions about Psyquit Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient Psyquit
Psyquit is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
No, Psyquit is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Psyquit is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
No, Psyquit is not an addictive drug
No, Psyquit belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
Substitutes for Psyquit Tablet
Quel 200mg Tablet
Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Zimquine 200mg Tablet
Dycine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Quel SR-200 Tablet
Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Qutipin 200mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Qutan 200mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd