food interaction for PRACTIN
alcohol interaction for PRACTIN
pregnancy interaction for PRACTIN
lactation interaction for PRACTIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PRACTIN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PRACTIN 2 MG SYRUP
Patients taking PRACTIN 2 MG SYRUP
- 69%Once A Day
- 31%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PRACTIN
- STEP UP SYRUP(200 ML syrup in bottle)Emcee Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.45/ML of syrupRs. 89.10pay 5% more per ML of syrup
- CYPROSINE 2MG SYRUP(200 ML syrup in bottle)Libra Drugs IndiaRs. 0.42/ML of syrupRs. 85pay 1% more per ML of syrup
- ABITOL 2 MG SYRUP(200 ML syrup in bottle)Lincoln Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.30/ML of syrupRs. 59.90save 29% more per ML of syrup
- APEAT 2MG SYRUP(200 ML syrup in bottle)Colinz Laboratories LtdRs. 0.47/ML of syrupRs. 95pay 12% more per ML of syrup
- ADD APP 2 MG SYRUP(200 ML syrup in bottle)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.15/ML of syrupRs. 29.92save 65% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for PRACTIN
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cyproheptadine or any of the other ingredients of cyproheptadine tablet.
- If you are taking other medicines such as antihistamines or monoamine-oxidase inhibitors.
Frequently asked questions for PRACTIN
Q.Is cyproheptadine used to gain weight/for headaches?
No, cyproheptadine is used for treatment of allergies. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Is cyproheptadine a narcotic/antihistamine/anticholinergic/steroid?
Cyproheptadine is antihistaminic drug which may have anticholinergic effects. It is not a narcotic/steroid
Q.Is cyproheptadine over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is cyproheptadine safe?
It is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take cyproheptadine with Benadryl/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Yes, but Benadryl contains some amount of antihistaminic drug which may alter the effects of cyproheptadine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does cyproheptadine get you high/make you gain weight/increase appetite/make you hungry?
Cyproheptadine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does cyproheptadine affect birth control?
No, it does not affect birth control. Patient should follow the advice of doctor before its use
Q.Does cyproheptadine have codeine/acetaminophen in it?
No, it does not contain codeine/acetaminophen in it.