Information about Sertraline
How Sertraline works
Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms of depression and also relieves symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and anxiety.
Common side effects of Sertraline
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nausea, Diarrhea, Tremors, Abdominal pain, Decreased libido, Dizziness, Ejaculation disorder, Headache, Sleepiness, Agitation, Weight loss
Available Medicine for Sertraline
SertaTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹43 to ₹3124 variant(s)
₹63 to ₹2943 variant(s)
SerliftEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹63 to ₹1753 variant(s)
ZosertSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹66 to ₹1723 variant(s)
SertagressLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹52 to ₹1223 variant(s)
SertimaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹66 to ₹1473 variant(s)
₹55 to ₹1303 variant(s)
S R TShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹56 to ₹1454 variant(s)
SerenataTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹76 to ₹1372 variant(s)
InosertIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹76 to ₹1603 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sertraline
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Sertraline affects you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Sertraline is very less.
- Inform your doctor if you experience decreased sex drive or difficulty having an orgasm.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.