Information about Sertraline
How Sertraline works
Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms of depression and also relieves symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder and anxiety.
Common side effects of Sertraline
Delayed ejaculation, Erectile dysfunction, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Low sexual desire, Nausea, Diarrhea, Increased sweating, Loss of appetite, Indigestion, Tremor
Available Medicine for Sertraline
SertaTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹82 to ₹2583 variant(s)
₹63 to ₹2943 variant(s)
SerliftEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹57 to ₹1453 variant(s)
ZosertSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹62 to ₹1633 variant(s)
SertagressLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹44 to ₹1013 variant(s)
SertimaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹51 to ₹1243 variant(s)
₹47 to ₹1103 variant(s)
S R TShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹46 to ₹993 variant(s)
SerenataTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹76 to ₹1372 variant(s)
InosertIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹62 to ₹1333 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sertraline
- Sertraline effectively treats a variety of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, panic disorders and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Sertraline affects you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Sertraline is very less.
- Inform your doctor if you experience decreased sex drive or difficulty having an orgasm.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.