Information about Cyproheptadine
Cyproheptadine is used in the treatment of appetite stimulant.
How cyproheptadine works
Cyproheptadine is an antihistaminic medication. It blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of cyproheptadine
Available Medicine for Cyproheptadine
- ₹25 to ₹100Wockhardt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹91Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹108Emcee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹28Themis Medicare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹124Tablets India Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹16Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹109Taurus Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹94Libra Drugs India2 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹66Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹67Kaptab Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cyproheptadine
- Avoid driving or operating dangerous machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Cyproheptadine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for Cyproheptadine
Q. Is cyproheptadine used to gain weight/for headaches?
No, cyproheptadine is used for treatment of allergies. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. Is cyproheptadine a narcotic/antihistamine/anticholinergic/steroid?
Cyproheptadine is antihistaminic drug which may have anticholinergic effects. It is not a narcotic/steroid
Q. Is cyproheptadine over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q. Is cyproheptadine safe?
It is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take cyproheptadine with Benadryl/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Yes, but Benadryl contains some amount of antihistaminic drug which may alter the effects of cyproheptadine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does cyproheptadine get you high/make you gain weight/increase appetite/make you hungry?
Cyproheptadine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. Does cyproheptadine affect birth control?
No, it does not affect birth control. Patient should follow the advice of doctor before its use
Q. Does cyproheptadine have codeine/acetaminophen in it?
No, it does not contain codeine/acetaminophen in it.