food interaction for PIOSYS
alcohol interaction for PIOSYS
pregnancy interaction for PIOSYS
lactation interaction for PIOSYS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PIOSYS
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for PIOSYS 15 MG TABLET
Patients taking PIOSYS 15 MG TABLET
- 64%Once A Day
- 36%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for PIOSYS
- PIOGLIT 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 4.90/tabletRs. 49pay 250% more per tablet
- PIOZ 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 4.34/tabletRs. 43.39pay 210% more per tablet
- PIOGLAR 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 4.90/tabletRs. 49pay 250% more per tablet
- PIONORM 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 39pay 179% more per tablet
- PATH 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 5.40/tabletRs. 54pay 286% more per tablet
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for PIOSYS
- Notify your doctor if you have liver disease.
- Notify your doctor if you have or ever had urinary bladder cancer.
- Pioglitazone does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Notify your doctor if you had a heart failure in the past.
Frequently asked questions for PIOSYS
Q.Does pioglitazone cause hair loss?
No, pioglitazone does not cause hair loss. However, if you experience such side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Does pioglitazone cause bladder cancer or any other cancer?
In clinical studies, more people who took pioglitazone for more than one year developed bladder cancer as compared to those who did not take pioglitazone. It is recommended to consult your doctor about the risk of taking this medication if you have had bladder cancer in the past or have a history of passing blood in urine. No other cancer type has been linked with use of pioglitazone
Q.Does pioglitazone cause heart failure?
Pioglitazone can cause fluid retention, which may worsen or precipitate heart failure
Q.Is pioglitazone safe?
Pioglitazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.