food interaction for PEXEP
alcohol interaction for PEXEP
pregnancy interaction for PEXEP
lactation interaction for PEXEP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PEXEP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PEXEP
- PARI 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 11.20/tabletRs. 112save 7% more per tablet
- XET 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 12.23/tabletRs. 122.30pay 1% more per tablet
- PANEX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 10.90/tabletRs. 109save 10% more per tablet
- PRAXO 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)KC LaboratoriesRs. 8.21/tabletRs. 82.05save 32% more per tablet
- PAROT 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)ZDL(Zodiacal) Pharmaceutics Pvt.LtdRs. 7.62/tabletRs. 76.20save 37% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Anupama AhlawatMBBS
Expert advice for PEXEP
- Take Paroxetine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- You may have to take Paroxetine at least for 1 to 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Paroxetine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Do not take Paroxetine within 14 days of taking MAO-Inhibitor (antidepressant drugs), as you may develop increased blood pressure and convulsions.
- Avoid driving after taking Paroxetine as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Paroxetine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel unusually agitated, irritable, or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself.
Frequently asked questions for PEXEP
Q.Is Paroxetine a narcotic/controlled/addictive substance?
No. Paroxetine is not a narcotic/controlled substance. However, it can cause addiction in some cases because of its effects on the brain
Q.Is paroxetine available or sold over the counter?
No. Paroxetine is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is paroxetine the same as Xanax?
No. Paroxetine is an anti-depressant while Xanax (alprazolam) is a sedative/anti-epileptic drug
Q.Is paroxetine safe?
Yes. Paroxetine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is paroxetine a MAOI/benzodiazepine/anti-depressant?
Paroxetine is not a MAOI (mono-amino oxidase inhibitor) or a benzodiazepine. It is an anti-depressant
Q.Can I take paroxetine with ibuprofen/diazepam/Tylenol/Xanax/tramadol/propranolol?
Paroxetine should not be taken with diazepam, Xanax (alprazolam), paracetamol (Tylenol), tramadol or propranolol as it interacts with these drugs. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does paroxetine cause headache, weight loss, memory loss, hair loss, high blood pressure?
Yes. Paroxetine may cause headache, weight loss, memory loss, hair loss or high blood pressure. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.