food interaction for PERIGARD
alcohol interaction for PERIGARD
pregnancy interaction for PERIGARD
lactation interaction for PERIGARD
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PERIGARD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PERIGARD
- COVERSYL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 10.10/tabletRs. 101pay 1% more per tablet
- EVIPER 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.47/tabletRs. 44.75save 55% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for PERIGARD
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Perindopril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Perindopril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Perindopril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Perindopril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Perindopril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Perindopril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Frequently asked questions for PERIGARD
Q.Is perindopril a beta-blocker, statin, calcium channel blocker, or an ACE inhibitor?
Perindopril is ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor drug. It is not a beta-blocker, statin, or calcium channel blocker
Q.Is perindopril the same as perindopril erbumine, perindopril arginine or Coversyl?
Perindopril is the same as perindopril erbumine, perindopril arginine (different salt forms of perindopril with same effects) and Coversyl (brand name of perindopril)
Q.Can I take perindopril with Viagra, ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, paracetamol, allupurinol?
Perindopril can be taken with paracetamol and allopurinol only if prescribed by your doctor. Perindopril should not be taken with ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, or Viagra (sildenafil)
Q.Does perindopril cause blood thinning?
No, perindopril does not cause thinning of blood; it relaxes the blood vessels thereby decreasing the blood pressure
Q.Does perindopril cause weight gain, hair loss, tiredness, cough, angiodema, depression, constipation, slow heart rate, or erectile dysfunction?
Perindopril may cause cough, angiodema, depression, tiredness or weakness, constipation or slow heart rate. It is not known to cause weight gain, hair loss, or erectile dysfunction. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.