food interaction for PALICA OD
alcohol interaction for PALICA OD
pregnancy interaction for PALICA OD
lactation interaction for PALICA OD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for PALICA OD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PALICA OD
- PALIDO OD 9 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.90/tabletRs. 129pay 34% more per tablet
- PALIRIS 9MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.27/tabletRs. 129.75save 3% more per tablet
- PALIVEGA 9MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 9.29/tabletRs. 92.95save 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Anupama AhlawatMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for PALICA OD
- You can take paliperidone with or without breakfast, however, same pattern to be followed during the entire treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have known cardiovascular disease or family history of QT prolongation and if you are taking medicines that may prolong the QT interval.
- Discontinue and inform you doctor immediately if you experience Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), characterised by hyperthermia (fever), muscle rigidity, autonomic instability, altered consciousness, and elevated serum creatine levels.
- Inform your doctor if you have a swallowing, stomach or intestinal disorder that reduces your ability to swallow or pass foods by normal bowel movements.
- You may suffer from tardive dyskinesia characterized by rhythmical, involuntary movements, predominantly of the tongue and/or face. Inform you doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- You may suffer from priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), inform your doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as paliperidone may have some nervous effects and may cause visual disturbances.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, or with schizophrenia, taking paliperidone may increase the risk of developing diabetes. You should monitor glucose regularly while on paliperidone treatment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if the thoughts of suicide occur when on paliperidone therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for PALICA OD
Q.Is paliperidone the same as risperidone?
Paliperidone gets converted to risperidone in the body and thus exerts similar actions
Q.Is paliperidone a narcotic?
No, paliperidone is not a narcotic
Q.Is paliperidone an atypical antipsychotic?
Yes, paliperidone is an atypical antipsychotic
Q.How is paliperidone metabolized?
Paliperidone is metabolized to its active metabolite risperidone by the CYP family of metabolizing enzymes
Q.Does paliperidone cause weight gain?
Yes, paliperidone is known to cause weight gain
Q.Does paliperidone cause erectile dysfunction?
Paliperidone may cause priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), which may contribute to erectile dysfunction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.How long does paliperidone stay in your system?
Oral paliperidone may take 5 days to clear off from your body/system, whereas the injection may take around 4 to 8 months to clear off from your body/system.