food interaction for OTIDE
alcohol interaction for OTIDE
pregnancy interaction for OTIDE
lactation interaction for OTIDE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for OTIDE
It also relieves symptoms associated with functional gastro-entero-pancreatic (GEP) endocrine tumours.
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for OTIDE
- OCTRIDE 50MCG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 305/ML of injectionRs. 305pay 56% more per ML of injection
- ACTIDE 50MCG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 213.27/ML of injectionRs. 213.27pay 9% more per ML of injection
- NEOCTIDE 50MCG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 125/ML of injectionRs. 125save 36% more per ML of injection
- VARITIDE 50MCG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 230.47/ML of injectionRs. 230.47pay 18% more per ML of injection
- OCTATE 50 MCG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 198/ML of injectionRs. 198pay 2% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Harmandeep KaurMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Ambrish MithalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil Kumar MishraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sujeet JhaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for OTIDE
- Seek medical attention if you experience disturbances in your line of vision.
- Your thyroid function and liver function will be monitored during octreotide therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machines while on octreotide treatment as it may cause blurred vision and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking a medicine to control your blood pressure or if you are a patient with diabetes.
- If you are a woman of child bearing age, effective contraceptive method should be adopted during treatment with octreotide.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for OTIDE
Q.Is octreotide a chemo drug?
Yes, octreotide is a chemo drug, used in patients with gastro-entero-pancreatic (GEP) endocrine tumors and pituitary tumors
Q.Is octreotide hormone/ protein?
No, octreotide is a peptide or a hormone analogue. It is a synthetic compound derived from somatostatin, a substance normally found in the human body
Q.Is octreotide safe?
Octreotide is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is octreotide a proton pump inhibitor/ vasopressor?
No, octreotide is neither a proton pump inhibitor nor a vasopressor
Q.Does octreotide cause hyperglycemia?
Yes, hyperglycemia is a common side effect of octreotide treatment
Q.Does octreotide cause hair loss and weight gain?
Yes, hair loss is a common side effect of octreotide treatment. Octreotide may cause weight gain
Q.Does octreotide make you tired?
Yes, octreotide may make you feel tired.