food interaction for OKERON
alcohol interaction for OKERON
pregnancy interaction for OKERON
lactation interaction for OKERON
medicine interaction for OKERON
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR OKERON
It also relieves symptoms associated with functional gastro-entero-pancreatic (GEP) endocrine tumours.
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR OKERON
- OCTOTIDE 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 450/ML of injectionRs. 450pay 80% more per ML of injection
- VARIOCT 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)BioconRs. 471.42/ML of injectionRs. 471.42pay 89% more per ML of injection
- FEROTIDE 100MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Ferring PharmaceuticalsRs. 468/ML of injectionRs. 468pay 87% more per ML of injection
- OCTRIDE 100MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 550/injectionRs. 550pay 120% more per injection
Expert advice FOR OKERON
- Seek medical attention if you experience disturbances in your line of vision.
- Your thyroid function and liver function will be monitored during octreotide therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machines while on octreotide treatment as it may cause blurred vision and headache.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking a medicine to control your blood pressure or if you are a patient with diabetes.
- If you are a woman of child bearing age, effective contraceptive method should be adopted during treatment with octreotide.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR OKERON
Q. Is octreotide a chemo drug?
Yes, octreotide is a chemo drug, used in patients with gastro-entero-pancreatic (GEP) endocrine tumors and pituitary tumors
Q. Is octreotide hormone/ protein?
No, octreotide is a peptide or a hormone analogue. It is a synthetic compound derived from somatostatin, a substance normally found in the human body
Q. Is octreotide safe?
Octreotide is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is octreotide a proton pump inhibitor/ vasopressor?
No, octreotide is neither a proton pump inhibitor nor a vasopressor
Q. Does octreotide cause hyperglycemia?
Yes, hyperglycemia is a common side effect of octreotide treatment
Q. Does octreotide cause hair loss and weight gain?
Yes, hair loss is a common side effect of octreotide treatment. Octreotide may cause weight gain
Q. Does octreotide make you tired?
Yes, octreotide may make you feel tired.