SALT INFORMATIONMetformin(500 mg)
How it works
Common side effects
Chest pain, A metallic taste in the mouth, Flushing of skin, Allergic reactions such as skin rash, Blurred vision headache, Indigestion, Abdominal and stomach pain, Nail changes, Accumulation of gas, Constipation and diarrhea, Heart burn, Bloating, Muscle pain
- GLYCOMET 500MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)USV LtdRs. 17.60/tabletRs. 17.60pay 1672% more per tablet
- GLYCIPHAGE 500MG TABLET(20 tablet in strip)Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.51/tabletRs. 30.26pay 52% more per tablet
- GLUFORMIN 500MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.81/tabletRs. 18.06pay 82% more per tablet
- GLUFORMIN XL 500 TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.83/tabletRs. 42.50pay 185% more per tablet
- OBIMET 500MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 27.09/tabletRs. 27.09pay 2628% more per tablet
- Take the medicine with food to avoid upset stomach.
- Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Do not take metformin in severe diarrhoea or vomiting, or when starting antihypertensive or diuretic therapy or therapy with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal).
- Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:muscle pain or weakness,numb or cold arms and legs,trouble breathing,feeling dizzy, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, slow heart rate.
- Do not take metformin if you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye
- You need to get certain kidney function tests done before starting treatment with metformin and regularly thereafter.
- Be careful when taking this drug in combination with insulin or other oral antidiabetics, as it may lead to low blood glucose level (hypoglycemia).