Information about Ketotifen
Ketotifen is used to prevent asthma.
How ketotifen works
The Ketotifen works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that may cause inflammation, spasm of muscles of the airways and other symptoms of asthma and allergies.
Common side effects of ketotifen
Hyperactivity, Irritation, Sleep disturbance
Available Medicine for Ketotifen
- ₹74Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹69Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹49Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹91Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹41East West Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹14Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39Appasamy Ocular Device Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹48Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16Lark Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
Frequently asked questions for Ketotifen
Q. Is Ketotifen available over the counter?
Ketotifen eye drops are available over the counter. Ketotifen tablets and syrups are available only with doctor's prescription
Q. Is Ketotifen legal?
Ketotifen is legal and available worldwide in many countries
Q. Is Ketotifen a steroid?
Ketotifen is not a steroid
Q. Is ketotifen an antihistamine?
It is an antihistaminic drug
Q. Is Ketotifen addictive?
Ketotifen is not addictive
Q. Is Ketotifen safe?
Ketotifen is safe if taken as prescribed. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does Ketotifen cause weight gain, make you sleepy, or drowsy?
Ketotifen can cause weight gain, can make you sleepy and drowsy
Q. How long does Ketotifen take to work?
Ketotifen oral (tablet or syrup) takes about 2-4 hours to work and lasts up to 22 hours
Q. How long does Ketotifen last?
Generally Ketotifen eye drop takes 15 min to work and lasts up to 5-8 hours.