food interaction for NITOSIDE
alcohol interaction for NITOSIDE
pregnancy interaction for NITOSIDE
lactation interaction for NITOSIDE
medicine interaction for NITOSIDE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NITOSIDE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR NITOSIDE
Expert advice FOR NITOSIDE
- Nitroprusside is given only when there is equipment and personnel available for continuous blood pressure monitoring.
- Use with caution if you are hypothermic, suffering from liver or kidney failure.
- Take all necessary precaution if you are suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency and inform you doctor accordingly.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as nitroprusside may affect your reactivity.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR NITOSIDE
Q. Is nitroprusside a nitrate?
Yes, nitroprusside is a nitrate
Q. Is nitroprusside an inotrope/ vasodilator?
Nitroprusside is a vasodilator
Q. Is nitroprusside the same as nitroglycerin?
Nitroprusside and nitroglycerine are two different drugs with the same mechanism of action
Q. Why nitroprusside is protected from light?
Nitroprusside is photosensitive and therefore it must be protected from light
Q. Does nitroprusside increased SVR (systemic vascular resistance)?
Nitroprusside is known to relax the peripheral smooth muscles and therefore reduce SVR
Q. Does nitroprusside reduce afterload?
Yes, nitroprusside reduces afterload.