Medicine Overview of Mycamine Injection
Mycamine 50mg Injection is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections.
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Decreased potassium level in blood, Abdominal pain, Decreased white blood cell count, Decreased calcium level in blood, Fever, Increased liver enzymes, Increased haemoglobin in the blood, Anemia, Decreased magnesium level in blood, Diarrhoea, Rigors, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Inflammation of a vein.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Mycamine 50mg injection kills fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Mycamine Injection
- You may be monitored with liver function test during micafungin treatment and you may be asked to discontinue the drug if there are significant and persistent rise of liver enzymes.
- Inform your doctor if you have severe liver problems (eg. liver failure or hepatitis) as micafungin has potential risk of developing liver tumours with long term usage.
- Tell your doctor if you have hemolytic anaemia (anaemia due to breakdown of red blood cells) or haemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells), kidney problems (e.g. kidney failure and abnormal kidney function test), diabetes or rash.
- You should continue treatment with micafungin for atleast one week after two sequential negative blood cultures have been obtained and after resolution of clinical signs and symptoms of infection.
- Micafungin may lower the ability of your body to fight infection and/or may reduce the number of clot-forming cells in the blood. Avoid contact with people who have infections and activities that may cause bruising or injury.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Mycamine 50mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Mycamine 50mg Injection is probably safe to use during lacta
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
It is not known whether Mycamine 50mg Injection alters the a
bility to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Mycamine 50mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Mycamine 50mg Injection is recommended.
However, inform your doctor if you have an underlying kidney disease. Regular monitoring of kidney function tests may be required.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Micafungin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Mycamine 50mg Injection
Mycamine is an anti-fungal medication given intravenously (into a vein). It is used for treatment of invasive candidiasis (infection caused by fungi or yeast called candida that have penetrated within the body) and oesophageal candidiasis (fungal infection of the food pipe caused by candida) It is also used to prevent fungal infections in patients who would be receiving stem cell transplantation as a treatment for decreased white blood cells (neutropenia)
Yes, Mycamine is used to treat infections caused by aspergillus & candida glabrata
Mycamine is an anti-fungal medication given intravenously (into a vein). It works by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane and thus inhibits fungal growth thereby killing sensitive fungi.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Mycamine 50mg Injection: SAT, LHA, AAR, 9T9, NVL, RSA, BLP, OLT, AYU, RSS, KHH, DPP, OHM, OIP, MMS, HBV, AGT, BIO, DFP, SJP, BSN, HIP, STA, JMJ, NWP, DEL, SSA, LCC, ADT, ATL, MPC, OWP, HEX, IPL, PEN, GNC, HGI, BTM, USF, RPP, ATP, PLT, RJH, DYG, SWA, RUS, RHW, EQN, PTS, PNT, BDN, RKS, MAK, SBL, NDP, ZVP, MAX, GTC, ENP, FGH, GPT, SBA, EMB, DLP, MOM, AAY, DDR, SHM, SHP, SAF, GTK, JIV, PSP, WSI