food interaction for MICEDGE
alcohol interaction for MICEDGE
pregnancy interaction for MICEDGE
lactation interaction for MICEDGE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MICEDGE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MICEDGE
- MYCAMINE 50MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5911/ML of injectionRs. 5911pay 6% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for MICEDGE
- You may be monitored with liver function test during micafungin treatment and you may be asked to discontinue the drug if there are significant and persistent rise of liver enzymes.
- Inform your doctor if you have severe liver problems (eg. liver failure or hepatitis) as micafungin has potential risk of developing liver tumours with long term usage.
- Tell your doctor if you have hemolytic anaemia (anaemia due to breakdown of red blood cells) or haemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells), kidney problems (e.g. kidney failure and abnormal kidney function test), diabetes or rash.
- You should continue treatment with micafungin for atleast one week after two sequential negative blood cultures have been obtained and after resolution of clinical signs and symptoms of infection.
- Micafungin may lower the ability of your body to fight infection and/or may reduce the number of clot-forming cells in the blood. Avoid contact with people who have infections and activities that may cause bruising or injury.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MICEDGE
Q.What is micafungin sodium/ what is micafungin IV/ what is micafungin used to treat/ used for?
Micafungin is an anti-fungal medication given intravenously (into a vein). It is used for treatment of invasive candidiasis (infection caused by fungi or yeast called candida that have penetrated within the body) and oesophageal candidiasis (fungal infection of the food pipe caused by candida) It is also used to prevent fungal infections in patients who would be receiving stem cell transplantation as a treatment for decreased white blood cells (neutropenia)
Q.Does micafungin cover aspergillus/ does micafungin cover candida glabrata?
Yes, Micafungin is used to treat infections caused by aspergillus & candida glabrata
Q.How does micafungin work?
Micafungin is an anti-fungal medication given intravenously (into a vein). It works by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane and thus inhibits fungal growth thereby killing sensitive fungi.