Medicine Overview of Mixab Infusion
Uses of Mixab Infusion
Mixab Infusion is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
Side effects of Mixab Infusion
Nephrotoxicity, Neurotoxicity, Anaphylactic reaction, Shortness of breath, Exanthema, Fever, Increased white blood cell count (eosinophils), Tachycardia, Urticaria.
How to use Mixab Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Mixab Infusion works
Mixab infusion stops the growth of bacteria that cause infections.
In Depth Information on Mixab Infusion
Expert advice for Mixab Infusion
- The injectable form of this drug is given only to hospitalized patients and under medical supervision.
- You may get diarrhea after taking the injection. This usually settles as the course id completed. Consult your doctor if the diarrhea persists or worsens.
- Consult your doctor if you get watery or bloody stools after completing the course.
- Do not take polymyxin B if you are allergic to polymyxin B or any of the other ingredients of the drops or ointment.
- Do baseline kidney function test before starting the medicine.
- Consult your doctor before taking polymyxin B eye ointment/ drops: If you are taking herbal drugs or eye drops. If you are applying any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or steroids. If you wear contact lenses. If you have thinning of the eye tissue. If you have diabetes.
- Women who are pregnant or breast feeding should consult the doctor on taking this medication.
- Eye pressure should be regularly checked in patients taking the eye ointment /drops especially in children.
- Do not drive or use machines immediately after using the drops/ointment as it may cause blurred vision.
- If you wear contact lenses, then remove them before applying the drops/ointment and wear them only after 15 min.
Special precautions for Mixab Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Mixab Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Mixab Infusion is safe to use during lactation. Human studi+more
es have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Mixab Infusion may cause blurring of your vision for a short+more
time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
There is limited information available on the use of Mixab I+more
nfusion in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Mixab NA Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Polymyxin B
Q. Is polymyxin B an antibiotic/sulpha drug/penicillin?
Polymyxin B belongs to a class of medication called antibiotics. It is not a sulpha drug/penicillin
Mixab is bactericidal i.e. it kills bacteria
Mixab does expire and should not be used beyond the expiry date
Mixab is not used to treat pink eye or conjunctivitis
Q. Does it treat sties?
It is not used for the treatment of sties in the eyes
It is not considered to be safe for infants.
Substitutes for Mixab
No substitutes found for this medicine