Medicine Overview of Unipol B Injection
Uses of Unipol B Injection
Unipol B 500000IU Injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Side effects of Unipol B Injection
Nephrotoxicity, Neurotoxicity, Anaphylactic reaction, Shortness of breath, Exanthema, Fever, Increased white blood cell count (eosinophils), Tachycardia, Urticaria.
How to use Unipol B Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Unipol B Injection works
Unipol b 500000iu injection stops the growth of bacteria that cause infections.
In Depth Information on Unipol B Injection
Expert advice for Unipol B Injection
- The injectable form of this drug is given only to hospitalized patients and under medical supervision.
- You may get diarrhea after taking the injection. This usually settles as the course id completed. Consult your doctor if the diarrhea persists or worsens.
- Consult your doctor if you get watery or bloody stools after completing the course.
- Do not take polymyxin B if you are allergic to polymyxin B or any of the other ingredients of the drops or ointment.
- Do baseline kidney function test before starting the medicine.
- Consult your doctor before taking polymyxin B eye ointment/ drops: If you are taking herbal drugs or eye drops. If you are applying any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or steroids. If you wear contact lenses. If you have thinning of the eye tissue. If you have diabetes.
- Women who are pregnant or breast feeding should consult the doctor on taking this medication.
- Eye pressure should be regularly checked in patients taking the eye ointment /drops especially in children.
- Do not drive or use machines immediately after using the drops/ointment as it may cause blurred vision.
- If you wear contact lenses, then remove them before applying the drops/ointment and wear them only after 15 min.
Special precautions for Unipol B 500000IU Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Unipol B 500000IU Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unipol B 500000IU Injection is probably safe to use during l+more
actation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Unipol B 500000IU Injection may cause blurring of your visio+more
n for a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
There is limited information available on the use of Unipol+more
B 500000IU Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Unipol B 500000IU Injection
Frequently asked questions for Polymyxin B
Q. Is polymyxin B an antibiotic/sulpha drug/penicillin?
Polymyxin B belongs to a class of medication called antibiotics. It is not a sulpha drug/penicillin
Unipol b is bactericidal i.e. it kills bacteria
Unipol b does expire and should not be used beyond the expiry date
Unipol b is not used to treat pink eye or conjunctivitis
Q. Does it treat sties?
It is not used for the treatment of sties in the eyes
It is not considered to be safe for infants.
Substitutes for Unipol B Injection
Paxyb 500000IU Injection
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹328.0/ml of Injection
Gufic Bioscience Ltd
Xolabin 500000IU Injection
Fusion Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Polymyx- B Injection
AAA Pharma Trade Pvt Ltd
Polytuff 500000IU Injection
Abbott India Ltd