Information about Atracurium
Atracurium is used for skeletal mucle relaxation during surgery.
How atracurium works
Atracurium relaxes the muscles by blocking the impulses from the nerves.
Common side effects of atracurium
Bronchospasm, Decreased blood pressure, Skin flushing, Increased heart rate, Urticaria, Wheezing
Available Medicine for Atracurium
- ₹121 to ₹468Neon Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹119 to ₹633Gland Pharma Limited4 variant(s)
- ₹112 to ₹216Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1 to ₹124Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹651Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹185Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹126 to ₹238Themis Medicare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹219Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹111Raman Weil Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75 to ₹138Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Atracurium
- Consult your doctor before taking atracurium if you any of the following medical conditions: myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness) or Eaton-Lambert syndrome (autoimmune disorder characterized by muscle weakness of limbs), electrolyte imbalance, cancer, allergy to other muscle relaxants, recent burn, asthma or other respiratory problems, heart disease, peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage causing pain, tingling, or numbness over hands and feet).
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and do not drive or operate heavy machineries while taking atracurium.
Frequently asked questions for Atracurium
Q. Is Atracurium an aminosteroid?
Atracurium is not an aminosteroid. It is a benzylisoquinolines (muscle relaxant)
Q. Why does Atracurium cause hypotension?
Atracurium causes hypotension (low blood pressure) due to release of histamine
Q. Why does atracurium cause histamine release?
It acts on blood cells called basophils or mast cells which release histamine
Q. How long does Atracurium take to work?
How long does Atracurium last?Atracurium takes about 2-4 min to work and lasts for about 20-35 minutes.