food interaction for MIRSOL
alcohol interaction for MIRSOL
pregnancy interaction for MIRSOL
lactation interaction for MIRSOL
medicine interaction for MIRSOL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MIRSOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MIRSOL
- MIRTAZ 15 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.90/tabletRs. 89pay 5% more per tablet
- MIRNITE 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95pay 12% more per tablet
- MIRTAKEM 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 9.05/tabletRs. 90.50pay 6% more per tablet
- MIRAZEP 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 8.10/tabletRs. 81save 5% more per tablet
- MIRTADEP 15 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 7.50/tabletRs. 75save 12% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR MIRSOL
- Do not start or continue the mirtazapine tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to mirtazapine or any of the other ingredients of mirtazapine medication; If you are taking or have taken monoamine-oxidase (MAO) inhibitor within last 14 days.
- Avoid taking mirtazapine, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of following disease conditions: liver or kidney disease, increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems (narrow-angle glaucoma), bipolar disorder (manic depression), fits (seizures or epilepsy), low blood pressure (hypotension), dizzy spells, high cholesterol or triglycerides, heart disease, chest pain (angina), a history of heart attack or stroke, or a history of drug abuse or suicidal thoughts.
Frequently asked questions FOR MIRSOL
Q. Is mirtazapine an SSRI/ MAOI/opiate/ narcotic/ benzo/tricyclic antidepressant?
Mirtazapine is a tetracyclic antidepressant. It is not SSRI/ MAOI/opiate/narcotic
Q. Is mirtazapine addictive?
No, mirtazapine is not addictive. Patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is mirtazapine safe?
Mirtazapine is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take mirtazapine forever?
No, patient should take mirtazapine for the given duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take mirtazapine for sleep with citalopram?
No, Patient should not take mirtazapine with citalopram because it may cause serious side effects. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Can you take mirtazapine for sleep?
Mirtazapine is specifically used to treat major depressive disorder. Patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take mirtazapine with sertraline/ citalopram/ fluoxetine/ antibiotics/ zopiclone/ amitryptline/ tramadol/ diazepam/ ambien/ Xanax?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of mirtazapine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does mirtazapine cause weight gain/memory loss/ insomnia/ make you eat more/ make you constipated?
Mirtazapine may cause these side effects. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms
Q. Does mirtazapine treat anxiety/lower seizure threshold?
Mirtazapine may be used to treat anxiety but not to lower the seizure threshold. Care should be taken in patients with seizures
Q. Does mirtazapine contain benzodiazepine?
No, it does not contain benzodiazepine.