food interaction for METROCIP
alcohol interaction for METROCIP
pregnancy interaction for METROCIP
lactation interaction for METROCIP
Avoid Metrocip 500mg infusion with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for METROCIP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for METROCIP
- METRON 500 MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 0.13/ML of infusionRs. 12.83pay 17% more per ML of infusion
- METRO 500MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Venus Remedies LtdRs. 0.11/ML of infusionRs. 11.25pay 3% more per ML of infusion
- METRIS 500MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Claris Lifesciences LtdRs. 0.12/ML of infusionRs. 11.90pay 9% more per ML of infusion
- METRODAC 500MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.11/ML of infusionRs. 10.62save 3% more per ML of infusion
- ALEMETRO 500MG INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.13/ML of infusionRs. 13.40pay 23% more per ML of infusion
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for METROCIP
- Take these tablets without crushing during or just after a meal with water.
- Consult your doctor before using metronidazole if you have liver disease, nervous disorders or if you are undergoing kidney dialysis.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking medicines such as warfarin (and other blood-thinners), astemizole, lithium, phenytoin, phenobarbital, disulfiram and vitamins.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to metronidazole or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take alcohol while taking this medicine as it may lead to headaches, upset stomach, vomiting, stomach cramps, sweating and flushing (redness of the face).
- Do not drive or operate heavy medicine after taking the medicine as it may temporarily cause dizziness and problems in vision.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses or apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun as this drug may increase the sensitivity to sunlight.
Frequently asked questions for METROCIP
Q.Is metronidazole safe?
Yes, metronidazole is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is metronidazole?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic
Q.Is it antibiotic or pain killer?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic and not pain killer
Q.What it is used for?
It is used for infections of the dental cavity, ears, sinus, throat, lungs, stomach, intestine, brain and bones
Q.Is metronidazole same as Flagyl?
Yes. Flagyl is a branded medicine containing metronidazole
Q.Does metronidazole cure STDs or yeast infections?
Metronidazole cures genital infections like bacterial vaginosis and gonorrhea. It does not cure chlamydia or vaginal yeast infections
Q.Does metronidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of metronidazole affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking metronidazole
Q.Is metronidazole an OTC product?
No, metronidazole is not an OTC product
Q.Can metronidazole cause nausea, vomiting, constipation or irregular monthly periods?
Metronidazole may cause nausea, vomiting, constipation or upset stomach. However, there is no evidence of metronidazole affecting monthly periods. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.