food interaction for MEROJET
alcohol interaction for MEROJET
pregnancy interaction for MEROJET
lactation interaction for MEROJET
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MEROJET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MEROJET
- MEROCRIT 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 742.50/injectionRs. 742.50pay 10% more per injection
- MEROTEC 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 269.65/injectionRs. 269.65save 60% more per injection
- MEROBAX 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 379/injectionRs. 379save 44% more per injection
- MEROTROL 250 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 394/injectionRs. 394save 42% more per injection
- EUPEN 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 210/injectionRs. 210save 69% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for MEROJET
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MEROJET
Q.Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q.Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q.Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q.What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.