food interaction for MEROBAX
alcohol interaction for MEROBAX
pregnancy interaction for MEROBAX
lactation interaction for MEROBAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MEROBAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MEROBAX
- MEROCRIT 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 742.50/injectionRs. 742.50pay 96% more per injection
- MEROTEC 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 269.65/injectionRs. 269.65save 29% more per injection
- MEROTROL 250 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 394/injectionRs. 394pay 4% more per injection
- EUPEN 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 210/injectionRs. 210save 45% more per injection
- EMSTAR 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 428.57/injectionRs. 428.57pay 13% more per injection
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for MEROBAX
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MEROBAX
Q.Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q.Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q.Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q.What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.