Substitutes for MELLERIL tablet
Thioril 25mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Ridazin 25mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MELOZINE 25MG TABLET
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
PSYRIL 25MG TABLET
Consern Pharma P Ltd
DELNIL 25MG TABLET
D D Pharmaceuticals
Medicine Overview of MELLERIL tablet
Uses of MELLERIL tablet
MELLERIL 25MG TABLET is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of MELLERIL tablet
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism, Weight gain, Akathisia, Dystonia, Constipation.
How to use MELLERIL tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take MELLERIL 25MG TABLET with food.
How MELLERIL tablet works
Melleril 25mg tablet works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects the thoughts and moods.
In Depth Information on MELLERIL tablet
Expert advice for MELLERIL tablet
- Take precautions as long term use of thioridazine may cause neuroleptic malignant syndrome (characterized by extreme body temperature, muscle rigidity, altered mental status) and tardive dyskinesia (disorder resulting in involuntary, repetitive body movements).
- You may be at risk of developing hypotension (low blood pressure) during the treatment with thioridazine if you are a female or an elderly or alcoholic patient.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from narrow-angle glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes visual problem), prostatic hypertrophy (enlargement of organ called prostate), heart disease or epilepsy.
- You should undergo regular eye examinations if you are receiving thioridazine for long term or in high doses or if you have liver disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as thioridazine may impair the mental and/or physical abilities.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for MELLERIL 25MG TABLET
MELLERIL 25MG TABLET may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
MELLERIL 25MG TABLET may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
MELLERIL 25MG TABLET should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
MELLERIL 25MG TABLET may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of MELLERI+more
L 25MG TABLET in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP