food interaction for MCLAZIDE
alcohol interaction for MCLAZIDE
pregnancy interaction for MCLAZIDE
lactation interaction for MCLAZIDE
SALT INFORMATION for MCLAZIDE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MCLAZIDENo substitutes found
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for MCLAZIDE
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for MCLAZIDE
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.