food interaction for MAHAFLOX
alcohol interaction for MAHAFLOX
pregnancy interaction for MAHAFLOX
lactation interaction for MAHAFLOX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MAHAFLOX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MAHAFLOX
- MOXIF INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.43/ML of infusionRs. 243pay 34% more per ML of infusion
- MOXICIP IV INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 2.52/ML of infusionRs. 252.50pay 39% more per ML of infusion
- MOXAM INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.39/ML of infusionRs. 239pay 32% more per ML of infusion
- FLOXSAFE INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)MSN LaboratoriesRs. 2.30/ML of infusionRs. 230pay 27% more per ML of infusion
- MOXIGRAM INFUSION(100 ML infusion in bottle)Micro Labs LtdRs. 1.20/ML of infusionRs. 120save 34% more per ML of infusion
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
Expert advice for MAHAFLOX
- Do not crush, break or chew moxifloxacin tablets.
- Stop taking moxifloxacin and call your doctor at once if you have sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in any of your joints, especially in your ankle.
- Do not breast feed your baby while taking this medication.
- Wash your hands before using the eye drops, keep the dropper tip clean.
- Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle to avoid contamination. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Frequently asked questions for MAHAFLOX
Q.Is moxifloxacin / Moxicip safe?
Yes. Moxifloxacin (also available as Moxicip) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is moxifloxacin an antibiotic/ steroid/ penicillin / a sulfa drug?
Moxifloxacin is an antibiotic and not a steroid / penicillin / sulfa drug. It belongs to a class of drugs called fluoroquinolone antibiotics and kills a wide range of infection causing bacteria. It does not have chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of moxifloxacin is different from sulfa drugs
Q.Is moxifloxacin strong?
Moxifloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic, effective in killing a wide range of bacteria and can be used against a variety of infections (infections of sinuses, airways, lungs, genital tract, abdominal infections, and infections of skin and eye). It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is moxifloxacin stronger than amoxicillin?
Moxifloxacin and amoxicillin are two different antibiotics effective against a wide range of infection causing bacteria and have different mechanisms of action. A comparison between moxifloxacin and amoxicillin cannot be drawn.