food interaction for LYCAZID tablet
alcohol interaction for LYCAZID tablet
pregnancy interaction for LYCAZID tablet
lactation interaction for LYCAZID tablet
medicine interaction for LYCAZID tablet
It is better to take Lycazid tablet with food.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Lycazid tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR LYCAZID 80mg tablet
Lycazid tablet uses
Lycazid tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
How lycazid tablet works
Lycazid tablet increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, which in turn lowers the blood glucose levels.
Common side effects of lycazid tablet
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Nausea, Headache, Dizziness
SUBSTITUTES FOR LYCAZID tablet
- GLIZID 80MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 6.47/tabletRs. 97pay 109% more per tablet
- RECLIDE 80MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 6.05/tabletRs. 90.75pay 95% more per tablet
- GLYCINORM 80MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 5.75/tabletRs. 57.50pay 85% more per tablet
- GLYCIGON 80MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.47/tabletRs. 44.75pay 44% more per tablet
- DIANORM 80MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 5.45/tabletRs. 54.50pay 76% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR LYCAZID tablet
- The most common and serious side effect is hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). If you consume excessive alcohol or if you have irregular dietary patterns, you are at an increased risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level). Do not skip meals when taking this medicine.
- Please be aware of signs and symptoms of low blood sugar (dizziness, tremor, sweating, headache).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning to get pregnant or pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It should be avoided or use with caution if you are also taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs), alcohol, β-blockers and ACE inhibitors.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Frequently asked questions FOR LYCAZID 80mg tablet
Q. Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.