food interaction for LORVAS
alcohol interaction for LORVAS
pregnancy interaction for LORVAS
lactation interaction for LORVAS
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LORVAS
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LORVAS 1.5 MG TABLET SR
Patients taking LORVAS 1.5 MG TABLET SR
- 91%Once A Day
- 4%Twice A Week
- 4%Twice A Day
- 2%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for LORVAS
- DIURIX 1.5 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 5/tablet srRs. 50save 52% more per tablet sr
- INDAP 1.5 MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.35/tablet srRs. 73.50save 29% more per tablet sr
- INZU 1.5MG TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Dexter LabratoriesRs. 8.32/tablet srRs. 83.15save 20% more per tablet sr
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for LORVAS
- Do avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear sunscreen while taking indapamide.
- Indapamide should not be given to children or adolescent.
- Do not take indapamide tablets if you are allergic to indapamide, sulphonamide or any other ingredient of tablet.
- Do not take indapamide tablet if you have intolerance to some sugars.
- Do not take indapamide if you have severe liver disease, kidney disease or hepatic encephalopathy (abnormal brain function due to liver problems); low blood potassium level, heart problems, diabetes, or gout (pain and swelling of the small joints due to elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and subsequent deposition in the joints).
- Avoid using indapamide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for LORVAS
Q.Is indapamide a water pill, beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner?
Indapamide is a thiazide-like diuretic, a water pill. It is not a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner
Q.Is indapamide a sulfa drug, contains sulfa?
Indapamide is a sulfa drug, contains sulfa (sulphonamide). Indapamide should not be taken by patients allergic to sulfa/sulphonamide
Q.Is indapamide potassium sparing?
Indapamide is not potassium sparing. It lowers the potassium level in body
Q.Can I take paracetamol, ibuprofen with indapamide?
Ibuprofen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of indapamide. Paracetamol can be taken with indapamide. Always consult your doctor before use
Q.Does indapamide cause weight gain, weight loss, low potassium, hair loss, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction?
Indapamide does not cause weight gain, hair loss. Indapamide may cause weight loss, low potassium level, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction.