Information about Indapamide
How indapamide works
Indapamide is a thiazide diuretic. It lowers blood pressure by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of indapamide
Dizziness, Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, Gastrointesinal symptoms, Muscle cramp
Available Medicine for Indapamide
- ₹88 to ₹101Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹126Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹139Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹50Bal Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹86Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Druto Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹75Life Line Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹74Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹76Zaneka Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Indapamide
- Indapamide helps lower blood pressure and also removes excess water from your body.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- May cause dizziness in the initial days of treatment.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Indapamide, and notify your doctor if it hasn't gone down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that doesn't go away.
- Requires routine blood tests to monitor your kidney function.
Frequently asked questions for Indapamide
Q. Is indapamide a water pill, beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner?
Indapamide is a thiazide-like diuretic, a water pill. It is not a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner
Q. Is indapamide a sulfa drug, contains sulfa?
Indapamide is a sulfa drug, contains sulfa (sulphonamide). Indapamide should not be taken by patients allergic to sulfa/sulphonamide
Q. Is indapamide potassium sparing?
Indapamide is not potassium sparing. It lowers the potassium level in body
Q. Can I take paracetamol, ibuprofen with indapamide?
Ibuprofen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of indapamide. Paracetamol can be taken with indapamide. Always consult your doctor before use
Q. Does indapamide cause weight gain, weight loss, low potassium, hair loss, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction?
Indapamide does not cause weight gain, hair loss. Indapamide may cause weight loss, low potassium level, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction.