Information about Indapamide
How indapamide works
Indapamide is a thiazide diuretic. It lowers blood pressure by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of indapamide
Dizziness, Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, Gastrointesinal symptoms, Muscle cramp
Available Medicine for Indapamide
- ₹88 to ₹101Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹97 to ₹138Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹138Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹55Bal Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Druto Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹75V.S. Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹83Dexter Labratories1 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹86Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹65Zunison healthcare1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Indapamide
- Indapamide helps lower blood pressure and also removes excess water from your body.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- It may cause dizziness in the initial days of treatment.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Indapamide, and notify your doctor if it does not lower down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that does not go away.
- You may be asked to get regular blood tests done to monitor your kidney function.
Frequently asked questions for Indapamide
Q. How long should I take Indapamide?
Usually, Indapamide should be taken for the rest of your life unless stopped or changed by your doctor.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Indapamide?
Indapamide can interact with several medicines. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.