Information about Indapamide
How indapamide works
Indapamide is a thiazide diuretic. It lowers blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body.
Common side effects of indapamide
Headache, Nausea, Increased blood uric acid, Decreased potassium level in blood, Altered blood lipids, Glucose intolerance
Available Medicine for Indapamide
- ₹88 to ₹101Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹114Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹126Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹91Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹50Bal Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Druto Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹74Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75Life Line Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹83Dexter Labratories1 variant(s)
- ₹76Zaneka Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Indapamide
- Do avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear sunscreen while taking indapamide.
- Indapamide should not be given to children or adolescent.
- Do not take indapamide tablets if you are allergic to indapamide, sulphonamide or any other ingredient of tablet.
- Do not take indapamide tablet if you have intolerance to some sugars.
- Do not take indapamide if you have severe liver disease, kidney disease or hepatic encephalopathy (abnormal brain function due to liver problems); low blood potassium level, heart problems, diabetes, or gout (pain and swelling of the small joints due to elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and subsequent deposition in the joints).
- Avoid using indapamide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Indapamide
Q. Is indapamide a water pill, beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner?
Indapamide is a thiazide-like diuretic, a water pill. It is not a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, loop diuretic, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, statins or blood thinner
Q. Is indapamide a sulfa drug, contains sulfa?
Indapamide is a sulfa drug, contains sulfa (sulphonamide). Indapamide should not be taken by patients allergic to sulfa/sulphonamide
Q. Is indapamide potassium sparing?
Indapamide is not potassium sparing. It lowers the potassium level in body
Q. Can I take paracetamol, ibuprofen with indapamide?
Ibuprofen may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of indapamide. Paracetamol can be taken with indapamide. Always consult your doctor before use
Q. Does indapamide cause weight gain, weight loss, low potassium, hair loss, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction?
Indapamide does not cause weight gain, hair loss. Indapamide may cause weight loss, low potassium level, diabetes, raise blood glucose, gout or erectile dysfunction.