Information about Indapamide
Indapamide is used in Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How indapamide works
Indapamide is a thiazide diuretic. It lowers blood pressure by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of indapamide
Dizziness, Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, Gastrointesinal symptoms, Muscle cramp
Available Medicine for Indapamide
- ₹88 to ₹109Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹97 to ₹138Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹138Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹55Bal Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Druto Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹65Cmg Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75V.S. Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹50Mandar Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹65Zunison healthcare1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Indapamide
- It makes you feel dizzy. Avoid driving and attention requiring activity until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking Indapamide as it may increase the dizziness.
- It may cause a sudden drop of sodium level in blood. Avoid low sodium diet while you are taking this medication.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Indapamide, and notify your doctor if it does not lower down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Indapamide
Q. How long should I take Indapamide?
Usually, Indapamide should be taken for the rest of your life unless stopped or changed by your doctor.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Indapamide?
Indapamide can interact with several medicines. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.