Medicine Overview of Lonit Tablet
Increased heart rate, Pericarditis, Fluid retention, Edema (swelling), Hair discolouration, Hypertrichosis, Pericardial effusion.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lonit 5mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Lonit 5mg Tablet works by relaxing blood vessel which lowers blood pressure and allows more blood and oxygen to reach the heart and other organs.
In Depth Information on Lonit Tablet
- Minoxidil tablets may make you feel drowzy or dizzy when you stand up; particularly when you first start treatment or your dose is increased. If affected do not drive or operate machines.
- Do not take minoxidil either oral or topical application if you are allergic to minoxidil or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Consult your Doctor before you start taking minoxidil orally If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or breast feeding.
- Consult your doctor immediately and stop taking minoxidil, if you develop discomfort in your chest any time after starting minoxidil.
- Do not use the topical application while smoking, or near any naked flame or strong heat source. Also, avoid exposure of the container and contents to naked flames during use, storage and disposal as the solution is flammable.
- Do not use minoxidil hair solution on red, inflamed, irritated or painful scalp.
- Do not use minoxidil hair solution if you are using other cream, lotions or ointments on your scalp.
- Do not exceed the recommended use. Exceeding the recommended dose will not re-grow your hair any more quickly and you have an increased likelihood of getting side-effects.
- Consult your doctor and inform him before using minoxidil if you are using medicines such as dithranol or petrolatum for psoriasis, tretinoin for acne and corticosteroids (bethmethasone dipropionate) for other skin disorders.
- Stop and consult your doctor immediately if you experience side effects related to low blood pressure such as chest pain, rapid heart rate, fainting, dizziness, swollen hands and feet and redness of the scalp.
Lonit Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lonit 5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Lonit 5mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Lonit 5mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Lonit 5mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Lonit 5mg Tablet is recommended.
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. Regular monitoring of blood pressure is recommended for better dose adjustment.
There is limited information available on the use of Lonit 5mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Lonit 5mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Lonit 5mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using Lonit 5mg Tablet? How do you take Lonit Tablet? How much was the improvement? Please rate Lonit 5mg Tablet on price What are you using Lonit Tablet for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Lonit 5mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Lonit Tablet
Minoxidil is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is minoxidil available in India?
Yes, minoxidil is available in India with various trade names
Q. Does minoxidil cause acne?
Yes, minoxidil may cause acne in some individuals
Q. Does minoxidil cause headache?
Yes, headache is a very common side effect of minoxidil
Q. Does minoxidil cause impotence?
There are no known effects of minoxidil on potency or sexual function in both men and women. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is minoxidil effective for hair growth/regrowth?
Yes, minoxidil is effective in hair growth/regrowth for patients with hereditary hair loss. However, each patient may respond differently to minoxidil treatment for hair growth
Q. Is minoxidil effective for frontal baldness?
Minoxidil is effective in hair growth for patients with hereditary hair loss, hence minoxidil may be useful in frontal baldness. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does minoxidil grow beard?
Minoxidil is used on the scalp for hair growth in patients with hereditary hair loss. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is minoxidil a steroid?
No, minoxidil is not a steroid
Q. Does minoxidil cause hair loss?
Yes, temporary hair loss during minoxidil treatment is possible.
Q. What is the difference between Lonit oral and minoxidil topical?
Lonit (oral) is used for the treatment of severe hypertension (high blood pressure) not responding to other antihypertensive drugs whereas minoxidil (topical) is used in the treatment of alopecia (hair loss).
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Lonit 5mg Tablet: ABP, BAL, RPP, SDM, BTM, SJP, HPC, KMC, ESY, HGI, SBA, MDO, TRP, HNP, ZVP, SAF, WHL, SVH, HBV, LHA, JIV, MMS, QTM, IAD, DPP, RSA, RDH, BHP, HSP, GPT, NVL, KHC, CLT, DVH, UMP, AGT, VNS, RDR, THP, PPR, HIP, RUS, IPL, MAK, GTK, SHP, ARD, JSL, STA, NDP, MAX, ATL, DAO, MLC, SBL, DFP, VDH, MDH, HAT, OWP, AAY, RPI, DLP, AAR, SGH, PLT, AYU, SHD, NSL, SWA, GNC, GTC, PTI, TNH, MPC, SWP, DYG, SCH, GPP, SVS, DHR, PVP, KHH, RSS, BLE, ADT, PRN, SLN, PEN, NAS, RWP, SSA, BIO, HTS, LCC, EQN, EMB, GHR, BMJ, TOM, JVN, DGN, RJH, SYN, BBS, ATP, OIP, MSD, SHC, MAM, BSN, DPL, PNT, RHW, HZF, 9T9, P2P, NXG, VRS, BDN, GBL, EVP, RHL, USF, TFP, RKS, JVO, BHM, SRG, SGC, HEX, PMA, INC, ANT, OLT, QLF, SPD, WSI, AMR, ENP, NVY, OHM, PWN, ZEL, HMP, BAP, AYM, FGH, NTB, NNH