Information about Methylphenidate
Methylphenidate is used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
How Methylphenidate works
Methylphenidate is a CNS stimulant. It works by improving the activity of certain parts of the brain by increasing the levels of certain chemicals (norepinephrine and dopamine).
Common side effects of Methylphenidate
Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Abdominal pain, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Methylphenidate
ConcertaJohnson & Johnson Ltd
₹4130 to ₹61803 variant(s)
InspiralIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹99 to ₹1965 variant(s)
AddwizeSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Addwize ODSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Meth ODIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹121 to ₹1612 variant(s)
Ritazral HynidateTaj Pharma India Ltd
₹79 to ₹2025 variant(s)
Expert advice for Methylphenidate
- It has high habit-forming potential. Do not take more than prescribed.
- Take it early in the morning to prevent insomnia later that night.
- Methylphenidate may raise your blood pressure and pulse. Monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Methylphenidate can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It can cause a loss of appetite, which can slow growth rate, especially in children. Monitor your child’s height and weight regularly while taking this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking medicine without talking to your doctor first.