Information about Baclofen
Baclofen is used for muscle relaxation. It treats muscle spasms which may occur in diseases affecting the nervous system, such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, motor neuron disease, or injury to head, brain or spine.
How Baclofen works
Baclofen is a muscle relaxant. It works on the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm maintaining the strength of the muscles. This relieves pain and improves movement of muscles.
Common side effects of Baclofen
Dizziness, Convulsion, Nausea, Headache, Sedation, Hypotension (low blood pressure), Hypotonia (decreased muscle tone), Agitation, Constipation, Increased white blood cell count, Chills, Urinary retention
Available Medicine for Baclofen
LiofenSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹59 to ₹15779 variant(s)
BaclofIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹109 to ₹4356 variant(s)
LioresalNovartis India Ltd
₹104 to ₹4534 variant(s)
BizloTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹109 to ₹3674 variant(s)
SpinobakMankind Pharma Ltd
₹64 to ₹952 variant(s)
BaclorenLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹105 to ₹1452 variant(s)
BaclotopZuventus Healthcare Ltd
RiclofenSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹65 to ₹672 variant(s)
LobasetEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹120 to ₹1542 variant(s)
BaclestaArinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd
₹109 to ₹2543 variant(s)
Expert advice for Baclofen
- Baclofen provides relief from rigidity, tension and stiffness in muscles (spasticity) that may occur due to various conditions affecting the nervous system.
- Take it with or after food or a glass of milk.
- Baclofen may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Baclofen as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor if you've been on it for a long time.