Information about Baclofen
Baclofen is used for muscle relaxation and hiccups.
How baclofen works
Baclofen works by acting on the centers in the brain and spinal cord to relieve the muscle stiffness or spasm.
Common side effects of baclofen
Confusion, Sleepiness, Fatigue, Weakness, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Convulsion, Dry mouth, Stomach upset, Shortness of breath, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Baclofen
- ₹51 to ₹1577Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹282Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹397Novartis India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹230Unichem Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹100Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹138La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹267Crescent Therapeutics Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹85Sigmund Promedica1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Baclofen
- Baclofen can increase the effects of other CNS depressants (alcohol, barbiturates) medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Baclofen, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Baclofen
Q. Is baclofen an NSAID/pain-killer/muscle-relaxant?
No. Baclofen is not a pain-killer or an NSAID. It is a centrally acting muscle relaxant
Q. Is baclofen addictive?
No. Baclofen is not addictive
Q. Is baclofen the same as Soma/Flexeril?
No. Baclofen is not the same as Soma (carisoprodol) or Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine). However, all of these drugs are muscle relaxants used for the same indications
Q. Is baclofen safe?
Yes. Baclofen is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is baclofen a narcotic or controlled substance?
No. Baclofen is not a narcotic or a controlled substance
Q. Can I take baclofen with Percocet/Xanax/tramadol/Norco/Cymbalta/Motrin/naproxen?
Baclofen if taken with Percocet (acetaminophen plus oxycodone)/Norco (acetaminophen plus hydrocodone), cymbalta (duloxetine), Xanax (alprazolam) or tramadol can increase the side-effects such as dizziness, sedation and difficulties in concentration. Baclofen can be taken with naproxen or Motrin (ibuprofen) if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Can I take baclofen for backache/toothache or menstrual cramps?
Baclofen is effective in the treatment of acute back pains. But, it is not used for relieving toothache or menstrual cramps
Q. Does baclofen have sulfa/aspirin in it?
No. Baclofen does not contain sulfa or aspirin
Q. Does baclofen cause tiredness/drowsiness/low blood pressure?
Yes. Baclofen may cause tiredness, drowsiness or low blood pressure. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. How long can I take baclofen for?
It is advisable to take baclofen for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor
Q. Does baclofen cause erectile dysfunction?
Baclofen may rarely cause symptoms of erectile dysfunction and impotence. Consult your doctor if you experience these symptoms.