Information about Baclofen
Baclofen is used for muscle relaxation. It treats muscle spasms which may occur in diseases affecting the nervous system, such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, motor neuron disease, or injury to head, brain or spine.
How baclofen works
Baclofen is a muscle relaxant. It works on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reduction in strength. This improves pain and movement of muscles.
Common side effects of baclofen
Available Medicine for Baclofen
- ₹52 to ₹1577Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹282Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹435Novartis India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹230Unichem Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹95Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹65Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹102Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹138La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹139Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Baclofen
- Baclofen can increase the effects of other CNS depressants (alcohol, barbiturates) medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Baclofen, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Baclofen
Q. Is Baclofen an non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) / pain-killer / muscle-relaxant?
No. Baclofen is not a pain-killer or an NSAID. It is a centrally acting muscle relaxant.
Q. Is Baclofen addictive?
No. Baclofen is not addictive and has not shown any habit forming potential.
Q. Is Baclofen safe?
Yes. Baclofen is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.
Q. Is Baclofen a narcotic or controlled substance?
No. Baclofen is not a narcotic or a controlled substance. It is available from a pharmacy on providing a valid prescription from a doctor.
Q. Can I take Baclofen for backache/toothache or menstrual cramps?
Baclofen is effective in the treatment of acute back pains. But, it is not used for relieving toothache or menstrual cramps.
Q. Does Baclofen have sulfa/aspirin in it?
No. Baclofen does not contain sulfa or aspirin.
Q. How long can I take Baclofen for?
It is advisable to take Baclofen for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor
Q. Does Baclofen cause erectile dysfunction?
Baclofen may rarely cause symptoms of erectile dysfunction and impotence. Consult your doctor if you experience these symptoms.