SALT INFORMATIONLinezolid(600 mg)
Linezolid is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia (community acquired pneumonia and nosocomial pneumonia), skin infections and infections that are resistant to other antibiotics.
How it works
Linezolid belongs to a group of drugs called as oxazolidinone antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria that cause infections.
Common side effects
Tooth and tongue discoloration, Abnormal liver function, Dizziness, Nausea and vomiting, Abnormal liver function test, Headache, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Low platelet count
- LIZOLID 600 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 29.05/tabletRs. 290.55save 10% more per tablet
- LINID 600 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 45.50/tabletRs. 455pay 41% more per tablet
- LIZOMAC 600 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 32.19/tabletRs. 321.93same price
- LNZ 600MG TABLET(4 tablet in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 54.25/tabletRs. 217pay 69% more per tablet
- LINOX 600 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 35.70/tabletRs. 357pay 11% more per tablet
- Do not take the medicine, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not eat or have foods such as aged cheese or meat, soy sauce, pickled, fermented or smoked meat, sauerkraut, tap beer or red wine which may contain tyramine that might react with your drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use linezolid, if you have taken a drug called MAO inhibitor ( like isocarboxazid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, and tranylcypromine )in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is linezolid penicillin? Does linezolid contain penicillin?
No. Linezolid is neither penicillin nor does it contain penicillin. It is an antibiotic drug belongs to oxazolidinone.
Q. Is linezolid available or sold over the counter?
No. Linezolid is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter.
Q. Is linezolid a MAOI?
Yes, linezolid is a MAOI (Monoamine oxidase inhibitor).
Q. Is linezolid bactericidal?
Linezolid acts as bacteriostatic (stops the bacterial growth) against most susceptible organisms but displays bactericidal (one which kills the bacteria) activity against some strains of pneumococci.
Q. Is linezolid nephrotoxic/vesicant/photosensitive?
Yes. Linezolid may cause nephrotoxicity (kidney problems), blistering of skin (vesicant) and photosensitivity. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor before use.
Q. Is linezolid superior to vancomycin?
Linexolid and vancomycin are equally effective in treating various bacterial infections.
Q. Does linezolid cover Klebshiella/ Pseudomonas/ E.coli/ anaerobes/ gram-negative rods?
Linezolid is not active against gram-negative bacteria. Klebsiella, Pseudomonas, E.coli are gram negative bacteria, hence linezolid does not work against them. Also it is less active against gram-negative anaerobes.
Q. Is Linezolid generic?
Q. Does linezolid treat UTI?
Yes, particularly caused by gram-positive bacteria (Enterococci).