Medicine Overview of Levemir Solution for Injection
Side effects of Levemir Solution for Injection
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How Levemir Solution for Injection works
Levemir 100iu/ml solution for injection is a long-acting insulin, keeps working for 24 hours after injection. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on Levemir Solution for Injection
Expert advice for Levemir Solution for Injection
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of heart problems (e.g, heart failure), kidney or liver problems, nerve problems adrenal, pituitary, or thyroid problems; or diabetic ketoacidosis (a life-threatening condition that develops when cells in the body are unable to get the sugar they need for energy because there is not enough insulin).
- Ensure that you do not take too much insulin, skip a meal, or exercise too much as this may lead to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels with symptoms such as shakiness, nervousness or anxiety, sweating, chills and clamminess, irritability, confusion, nausea etc).
- Exercise caution to prevent from developing a fever or infection, do not eat more than prescribed, or miss your dose of insulin as this may cause hyperglycemia (high blood sugar levels with symptoms such as confusion, drowsiness, or feeling thirsty, flushing etc).
- You will be regularly monitored for blood glucose levels or hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) while taking insulin detemir.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take insulin detemir cartridges before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care or surgery.
- Inform your doctor if you use 3 or more insulin injections per day.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking insulin detemir as it may cause dizziness, light-headedness, or blurred vision.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with insulin detemir, as it may worsen its side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to insulin detemir or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from episodes of low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
Special precautions for Levemir 100IU/ml Solution for Injection
Taking Insulin detemir with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
Levemir 100IU/ml Solution for Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Levemir 100IU/ml Solution for Injection is safe to use durin+more
g lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Levemir 100IU/ml Solution for Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Levemir 100IU/ml Solution for Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Levemir 100IU/ml Solution for Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Levemir 100IU/ml Solution for Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
R Pril 1.25mg Tablet, Ramistar Tablet, Reopres 10mg Tablet, Reopres 2.5mg Tablet
User Submitted Feedback For Levemir 100IU Solution for Injection
Patients taking Levemir 100IU/ml Solution for Injection
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A week
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Type 2 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes
Substitutes for Levemir
No substitutes found for this medicine