Information about Fosinopril
Fosinopril is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
How fosinopril works
Fosinopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Common side effects of fosinopril
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment
Available Medicine for Fosinopril
- ₹60 to ₹110Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹68 to ₹126Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fosinopril
- You may get a dry cough while using Fosinopril. Report to your doctor if there is a persistent cough.
- Fosinopril may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- You shouldn’t take Fosinopril if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Fosinopril may cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.
Frequently asked questions for Fosinopril
Q. Is Fosinopril a beta blocker?
No. Fosinopril is an antihypertensive drug belonging to a class of medications called ACE inhibitors. It has a different mechanism of action than beta blockers
Q. Is fosinopril same as lisinopril?
No. Fosinopril and lisinopril are two different drugs belonging to same class of ACE inhibitors used in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure
Q. Is Fosinopril an ACE inhibitor/Fosinopril is what kind of a drug/ what is Fosinopril sodium tablets used for/ what is Fosinopril/ what is Fosinopril natrium?
Fosinopril is an antihypertensive drug that belongs to a class of medications called ACE inhibitors. It is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure
Q. How does Fosinopril/ Fosinopril sodium work?
It works by inhibiting the action of ACE which results in lowering of high blood pressure and improving blood flow to the heart
Q. Does Fosinopril cause hair loss?
Hair loss is not among the known side effects of Fosinopril
Q. Does Fosinopril get you high?
It does not produce a psychological feeling of extreme happiness or colloquially known as 'feeling high'
Q. Does Fosinopril cause weight gain?
Weight gain is a possible side effect of Fosinopril, however the frequency of its occurrence is not known.