Information about Enalapril
Enalapril is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
How enalapril works
Enalapril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Common side effects of enalapril
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment
Available Medicine for Enalapril
- ₹29 to ₹214Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹100Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹58USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹67Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹58Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹35Sunij Pharma Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹33Medley Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹63Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹36Caplet India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹47Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Enalapril
- You may get a dry cough while using Enalapril. Report to your doctor if there is a persistent cough.
- Enalapril may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- You shouldn’t take Enalapril if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Enalapril may cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.
Frequently asked questions for Enalapril
Q. Is Enalapril a beta blocker/statin/alpha blocker?
Enalapril belongs to a class of medication called as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
Q. Is enalapril same as ramipril?
Enalapril and ramipril belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Is Enalapril safe?
Enalapril is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What are Enalapril/Envas 5/ Envas 2.5?
Enalapril belongs to a class of medication called as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE)
Q. Is Enalapril a generic drug?
Enalapril is a generic drug whereas Envas 5 and Envas 2.5 is a brand name
Q. Is Enalapril a prodrug?
Yes, it forms an active metabolite called as Enalapril at
Q. Can I take enalapril with ibubrufen/Tylenol/asprin/ Viagra/ magnesium/Cialis (tadalafil)/Cymbalta(duloxetin)?
Asprin increases antihypertensive effect of enalpril. Patients should follow doctors advice for its use
Q. Does Enalapril cause weight gain/loss/cough/hair loose/ sleepiness/ blood sugar/ lowers heart rate?
Enalapril can cause weight loss/gain, cough, lower blood sugar. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice for possible side effects.