Information about Insulin detemir
Insulin detemir uses
How insulin detemir works
Insulin detemir is a long-acting insulin that provides consistent, all-day sugar control. It works like your body's natural insulin. Insulin facilitates reuptake of sugar in muscle and fat cells and also suppresses the production of sugar in the liver.
Common side effects of insulin detemir
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Insulin detemir
- ₹1090Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Insulin detemir
- Insulin detemir helps to control blood glucose level and avoids long-term complications.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Insulin detemir.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) is a common side-effect; learn how to identify and manage its symptoms (sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, headache) and teach your family as well.
- Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption than other injection sites.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Opened vials/cartridge are good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).
- Do not use if the preparation is no longer clear and colourless, or if it contains particles.