Information about Insulin detemir
Insulin detemir uses
Insulin detemir is used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus (Type 1 & Type 2).
How insulin detemir works
Insulin detemir is a long-acting insulin that provides consistent, all-day sugar control. It works like your body's natural insulin. Insulin facilitates reuptake of sugar in muscle and fat cells and also suppresses the production of sugar in the liver.
Common side effects of insulin detemir
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Insulin detemir
- ₹1199Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Insulin detemir
- This medicine is injected under the skin. It needs to be injected once daily, at the same time every day.
- Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption than other injection sites.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Do not use if the preparation is no longer clear and colorless, or if it contains particles.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) is a common side-effect. Learn how to identify and manage its symptoms (sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, headache) and teach your family as well.
- Opened vials/cartridge stay good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).
Frequently asked questions for Insulin detemir
Q. What is the significance of HbA1c test?
Your doctor may ask you to get your HbA1c tested every 3 months. This test is done to see how well you have managed your blood sugar for the past 2-3 months.