food interaction for LEVAPIE
alcohol interaction for LEVAPIE
pregnancy interaction for LEVAPIE
lactation interaction for LEVAPIE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LEVAPIE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LEVAPIE
- LEVIPIL 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.52/tabletRs. 115.18save 2% more per tablet
- LEVERA - 500 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.52/tabletRs. 115.19save 2% more per tablet
- EPILIVE 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115save 2% more per tablet
- TORLEVA 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.52/tabletRs. 115.18save 2% more per tablet
- LEVESAM 500 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 11.52/tabletRs. 172.77save 2% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Namit GuptaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for LEVAPIE
- Take Levetiracetam as prescribed by your doctor. Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- Do not discontinue the use of Levetiracetam, unless the doctor advises you to do so.
- You may take Levetiracetam with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- Levetiracetam has very few drug interactions, so your other medicines shouldn't be affected.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Levetiracetam.
- If you have kidney problem, your dose may need to be adjusted. Get your kidney functions checked regularly by the doctor.
Frequently asked questions for LEVAPIE
Q.Is levetiracetam a steroid/ MAOI /narcotic/ controlled substance/ opiate/ a psychotropic/ a benzodiazepine?
Levetiracetam belongs to a class of medication called anticonvulsants. It is not a steroid/ MAOI/ narcotic/ controlled substance/ opiate/ psychotropic/ benzodiazepine. It is structurally similar to prototypical nootropic drug piracetam
Q.Is levetiracetam same as Keppra?
Yes, Keppra is the brand name of the drug levetiracetam
Q.Does levetiracetam contain acetaminophen?
Levetiracetam does not contain acetaminophen
Q.Is levetiracetam an enzyme inducer?
The exact mechanism of action is unclear, but it is believed to be acting like a neuromodulator
Q.Does levetiracetam cause memory loss/ tiredness/ constipation/ weight gain/ hairloss/acne?
The common side effects of levetiracetam are tiredness, memory loss, and constipation. However, levetiracetam causing the side effects such as weight gain, hair loss acne are not known. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q.Can I take ibuprofen or paracetamol with levetiracetam?
There are no known drug-drug interactions between levetiracetam and paracetamol/ ibuprofen. But doctor's advice should be followed about taking both the medications together.