Information about Levetiracetam
Levetiracetam is used in the treatment of epilepsy/seizures.
How Levetiracetam works
Levetiracetam is an antiepileptic medication. It works by attaching to specific sites (SV2A) on the surfaces of nerve cells. This suppresses the abnormal activity of the nerve cells in the brain and prevents the spread of electrical signals that cause seizures.
Common side effects of Levetiracetam
Sleepiness, Headache, Infection, Fatigue, Weakness, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Levetiracetam
LevipilSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹65 to ₹4089 variant(s)
LeveraIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹65 to ₹78517 variant(s)
₹61 to ₹57818 variant(s)
LevigressLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹60 to ₹3756 variant(s)
TorlevaTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹65 to ₹41811 variant(s)
₹87 to ₹3548 variant(s)
KeppraUCB India Pvt Ltd
₹65 to ₹6147 variant(s)
LevacetamMicro Labs Ltd
₹65 to ₹3909 variant(s)
₹61 to ₹51310 variant(s)
LevroxaStrides shasun Ltd
₹62 to ₹3886 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levetiracetam
- Levetiracetam should be taken regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Take a healthy diet along with regular exercise.
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney disease. The dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- Do not stop using Levetiracetam without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.